Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Camping Trip 2008

Well, I did it...I went on my first camping trip with Lindsey!! Originally, we planned on Russ being there, but then he just had to leave the country. So, there I was a single parent out in the woods. We had a fun time and we knew there would be lots of laughs and there was. We went up to Redstone, which is past Glenwood Springs. It was really beautiful up there, just a little too hot though for my liking. The temperatures were at extremes. It was either really hot or really cold and in just moments it would change. We drove up Friday morning-it was pretty rediculous that we ended up taking 3 CARS for only 5 adults and 3 babies!!! We had so much stuff it was amazing, but we were well prepared. My parents did all of the cooking and cleaning which was just awesome. I just relaxed and held Lindsey for most of the trip. I think next year we are going to try the cabin up in Idaho-that sounds like a little bit more fun.
Notice the Little RED nose...this was after the first morning... she was such a good baby!!!
Packing up and getting ready to go home, we were all ready to leave
Grandma with a very tired and sick Alli
Katie after NO sleep for 2 nights-not so much fun!!
What a great Dad that I have!!!

2 comments:

J & L said...

looks like you guys had so much fun! what great times! i am so glad that i can keep up on whats going on with you guys! im so sorry you and lindsey have to be without russ for so long! that was be so hard, i cant even imagine! i was just thinking the other day about the time my family went with you guys up to your cabin in idaho and how much fun it was, even though it rained the whole time! so glad to hear everything is going great for you and lindsey!

Anonymous said...

Loved all the pictures. Little Lindsay is just so cute. How funny about the rice cereal. The things I have to look forward to again. Dinner was soooooooo good the other night. I seriously need the recipe. Email it to me K? Oh, and I need your mom's home address.