Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Lindsey!!

Lindsey turned 1 on April 2nd!! I can hardly believe that my little girl is 1-where did the year go?? I caught myself reminiscing so much that day, back to the day that she was born. Russ and I had just moved into our house 2 nights before she was born. I was so pregnant, swollen and just ready to meet this little Angel!! I had a great labor and delivery-I was induced on my due date and got an epidural very shortly after the pitocin was started. I was only in labor for about 8 hours, then I pushed for a half hour and then out came my little screamer!! She weighed 7lbs. 9ounces and was 20 1/2 inches long. I remember just looking at her and thinking what a beautiful little girl she was. Well, a year later and I still have the most beautiful little girl. Little Miss Lindsey brings so much joy into my life. She is my little friend and sidekick. Here are some of the latest statistics from her 1 year doctor appointment:

Weight: 17lbs. 4 1/2 ounces (3rd percentile)
Height: 29 1/2 inches (75th percentile)
Words: Baby (bebe), Hi, Mommy, Daddy
Actions: waves, opens bottles and containers, LOVES to dance!!!

I knew she was small, but I really expected her to weigh at least 18lbs!! The most exciting thing about the Lins, is that she is finally WALKING!!! That is right people...my little non-mover is finally walking. I am so excited that she is finally doing something developmentally at the right time. This little screamer...never rolled over or crawled. She went from cruising everywhere to walking. I love seeing her little Frankenstein walk.

For her 1st Birthday Party-we had a small family get together. We had a spaghetti dinner, opened presents and had cake and ice cream. I got the cake from a local bakery and they made Lindsey her own little cake. It was just her perfect size. She was in heaven!! I was not sure what she would do with her very own cake, but she just sat there and picked it apart and made a small me
ss. She LOVES her sweets-I wonder where she gets that from? She was spoiled as usual with toys and clothes. We had a really nice get together.






14 comments:

J & L said...

Happy Birthday Lindsey!!!! Can't believe you are already 1!! Can't wait to meet you in May, Love you!

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

Aww, already? I am so glad to hear that she is walking! She is so cute and now the next exciting thing is Nursery and that is just around the corner! :) Happy Birthday Lindsey!

Jeanette said...

Happy Birthday Lindsay!

Ashlee said...

how fun... happy happy b-day

Tim and Family said...

Glad she had a great birthday, I meant to ask you about that on tuesday, but we only have so much talking time with our little ones. I also forgot to give you her present, next week!

Updike Update said...

I can't believe she is 1!! How crazy. I also can't believe she is so petite. With Russ being so tall and all. I hate to admit it, but my little guy is actually bigger than Lindsay. I took him in for an ear infection last week (7 1/2 months) and he was 25 pounds and I'm guessing he is about 29 inches.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDSEY!!!

elisha said...

Ah, how cute. Yes, a yr flies by. Wait till she is almost 3......CRAZY! We are so glad things are going good for ya'll and that Linsdey remains ADORABLE. She's just so petite...I just want to squeeze her. Too Cute!!!!

Ashley Martin said...

I can't believe she is already 1! That year flew by. I hope all is well and I miss you.

Chalyse said...

Happy Birthday Lindsey!! She is so cute. it really is amazing how fast the 1st year and every year after that goes, but each new phase is so fun.

clueless llama said...

YAY!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jared-Monica-Brooke-Caleb said...

I cant believe she is already one!! Time flies. She look still so small! Totally a beautiful girl! Wish we could have been there to celebrate!

queenieweenie said...

happy birthday cute girl!

looks like she's a skinny minny just like her mommy.

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Lindsey! I can't believe she's a year old! Crazy...

Molly L. Phillipps said...

Wanna hear something funny? Brandon, my 4 month old, weighs 17 pounds too!