Thursday, April 7, 2011

Lindsey Turned 3!!!

My little girl turned 3 on Saturday and we had such a fun day! She was a little cranky before her big party, but once all of the guests started coming, she snapped out of it and had a very fun time. This year we did another family and close friends party. I figure next year we will do a friend party for her. I still did the theme that she wanted, which was Princesses. Some funny things that led up to her birthday....Russ taught her that her birthday was on April 2nd, so she would tell EVERYONE that her birthday was April 2nd. She also wouldn't tell me exactly what she wanted. She would say, "I want 2 dresses for my birthday" and they would change occasionally. So I figured that we would be good with a "Princess Party." I am totally not a party person and so I had things planned in my head for awhile, but didn't actually start doing party things until the week before and mainly the night before. Someday I will learn.

Lindsey was "helping" with some of the food preparations...


We had to get a picture before the party of my cute cupcake toppers....all that work! (Thanks to my friend Jeanette for being my inspiration and go to). I started them Friday night and only did 2 "Princess" ones, knowing that those would be the hardest.

The spread before the party. I decided to make it easy on myself and order Subway. We also had fruit and veggie trays, chips and strawberry lemonade. I think it turned out pretty nice! A BIG thanks to my mother in law for helping again this year!! I couldn't have done it without her!

The banner that I made on Friday night too......

Taylor with Grandpa

Lindsey and some of her friends opening presents


Russ and I got Lindsey the Sleeping Beauty dress and she LOVED it!!

My little princess about to blow out her cupcakes!

She was a little spoiled this year and we had so much fun, especially with a visit from Grandpa and Grandma Moses. We loved all of our friends and family that were able to join with us on this fun day!

I took Lindsey to the doctor on Tuesday and I was quite impressed with her stats this year!

Weight: 30.3 lbs-45th%
Height: 37.3 inches-61st%

I was so happy to see that she had gone up in the percentile for weight, she was always below 25%. She checked out great and I was so happy to hear that she didn't need any shots!!

Lindsey is for sure my trying child, but I couldn't imagine my life without her. She loves dress-up, her babies, watching movies (I try not to let her watch too many), playing with her cousins, Tot school and her baby sister. She is a good little helper and loves to play with her daddy (get thrown all around). We are trying to work on her listening skills and doing things when mommy asks her to. I can't forget about how caring she can be, she is always concerned about someone if they are sick or have an "owie." I sure love you little miss Lindsey!!!

5 comments:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

B was sitting next to me and was so excited to see the Sleeping Beauty Dress! LOL

we will have to def have a princess play date! :)

Happy Birthday Lindsey!

Updike Update said...

7.3 inches??? :)

I can't believe that she is 3 already. crazy how time is just flying by. it looks like you guys had a great time. hopefully this next year she will not be so trying. isaac is trying my patience a lot lately or should i say he has for a long time. i guess that is what comes with 2 and 3 year olds. i just keep thinking, they will learn to listen and obey one of these days, they have to.

Jeanette said...

It looks like everything turned out great!! What a fun party! I might have to borrow that cartridge in a few years. :-)

Jen Ranker said...

Courtney, the cupcake toppers turned out awesome! Lindsey looks adorable in her princess outfits. Happy belated Birthday Cute girl!

elisha said...

So cute! Happy Birthday to Lindsey. So sorry I missed it! :( We'll catch up soon! Miss you guys!