Monday, December 1, 2008
Oh the joys of being a Mom...
Today was one of those days when you are not sure if you could really handle any more children. Lindsey has been teething for the past week...I thought that once the teeth cut through, that they should be less cranky. However, I now believe this to not be true. Today, Lindsey was absolutely the most cranky she has ever been!! It started out by getting a call from Katie to come and get her, because she had refused to drink from a bottle all morning, it was now 12:00 in the afternoon. Thinking she would be starving, I fed her right away...well, that lasted about 2 minutes and she wanted nothing more. I took her home and for the rest of the afternoon, she was 100% NOT content. I tried everything and nothing helped this poor child and on top of that she kept refusing to nurse!!! What is a mom to do?? So, is this normal for babies to still be cranky even though their teeth are already cut?? Any hints on getting a baby to eat-she refuses to nurse and take a bottle, not too many options left!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Courtney-this is your Aunt Teri here (we have lots of catching up to do). When I read this I immediately thought of Thrush! Taylor had this twice when I was nursing her. Look inside her mouth, if it has white patches, it's thrush--you will get it too, and it HURTS (but not in YOUR mouth, moms get it where the baby latches on!) She wouldn't nurse, was super cranky, and then I became super cranky. You can get a prescription from your pedi. for her
That's no fun. I agree w/ Aunt Teri Makella had thrush too but she just has white spots on her tongue not on her cheeks or anywhere else... Whatever is wrong hopefully it will go away quick :)
It seems once they start that crazy crankiness nothing works. Hang in there!! YOU can DO IT!! I used ice in a washcloth, and let him eat frozen fruit.
Post a Comment