Thursday, February 19, 2009

I Truly Believe it was Paradise!!!

What an awesome trip to Hawaii!! I feel so fortunate that we had this opportunity to go to the land of paradise!! Now that I am home, I really miss that beautiful island of Kauai. Here is how my life has gone since we have gotten home....Tuesday, Russ went back to work and found out that they need him to go to the site of a job in Rifle, CO for the next 2-4 weeks-which really means 5-6 weeks. He gets to come home on the weekends, but there was really no negotiating whether or not he could go. He calls to tell me this right before I am about to have lunch with my mom for my 27th Birthday-yes, it was my Birthday and I am pretending that it was in Hawaii, since this day was just wonderful. The fact that Russ was leaving would not be an issue, but I work 2 nights a week and so who is going to watch Lindsey?? Of course, my Mom came to the rescue once again!! I don't want to even consider quitting with the economy the way it is. Who knows, I may be providing for the family soon!!!
So anyway, I went and had a wonderful lunch with my mom for my birthday!! Then, that night Russ and I went to Red Robin and then went to my sister's house for cake and presents. Everything was wonderful, until about 3:30 in the morning-I wake up throwing-up and this lasted for the next 12 hours!! (and NO I am NOT pregnant for all of those who immediately speculated) Not fun at all!! Needless to say-I didn't have the best birthday and I was ready to hop back on a plane and head back to Hawaii!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better. Give me a call so we can hang out :)