Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Taylor Anne is here!!!

Just when I thought we would have the whole weekend to get Lindsey's room done, my body finally goes into labor and boy does it go into labor....here is the story.....(it is long, so you can scroll down and look at pictures, if you care not to read every, little detail)

On Sunday morning I woke up at 7:30, got in the shower and was having a few contractions while I was getting ready, nothing that was too big of a deal. I sent Lindsey and Russ off to church, because I had decided the day before that I was going to skip out and enjoy my time without Lindsey running around and driving me crazy. When they left at 8:45, I got ready the rest of the way, did the dishes, started some laundry, paid some bills, etc. At that time, I was noticing that my contractions were fairly regular, but nothing horrible. I was just mildly breathing through them. Then, I went and laid on the couch and started to read the Ensign. This is when the contractions started to get more intense and really I was just having lots of cramping and lower abdominal pain. This then came with pressure. By this time it was 10:45 and I decided to text Russ to come home. He never responded, so I texted him again. No response. Well, the pressure started getting worse and worse, so I called my Mom and found out that she was almost to the house (she was planning on hanging out with us for the day and helping with Lindsey). When she got there, she helped me time a contraction and at this point they were coming sooner than I had previously timed at 10min. apart. They were more like 3 min. apart. At 11:15, I called Russ and told him to come home now!! He got home at 11:30 and changed quickly. We were off to the hospital in minutes. I was in my own little world and had my eyes closed for the whole drive. We got to the hospital at 12:00 and I could barely walk in, because the "pressure" was so intense. We went up to the 4th floor and checked in with triage, they weren't really realizing at this time that I was about to have this baby. The guy checking us in, took his sweet time and answered a phone call. We finally made it back to triage and the nurse came in shortly after. I immediately informed her that I was having a ton of "pressure." She checked me and then called someone else into check me, just to confirm her findings. I was told I was completely dilated. I realized at this time, that I was not going to be getting my epidural (the ONE thing, I was determined to get). They decided to transfer me to labor and delivery. They literally ran me down the hall and into the elevator. When I was switching from the triage bed to the labor and delivery bed, my water broke and then I informed them that I needed to push NOW! I pushed and her head was partially out. I regained my focus (I was still in Courtney world, with my eyes closed) and continued to push. Taylor Anne was born at 12:30pm. It was fast, it was painful, but it was all worth it! I am really glad that I made it to the hospital, I realize now that we were moments away from having the baby in the truck-that would not have been fun. I really had no idea what to expect with going into labor naturally, so I was trying to be strong and I figured that it would take at least a few hours for my body to go into full labor. I guess I was wrong, next time I will know!!

Here is a re-cap of the events:
11:15 called Russ to get home from church
11:30 left for the hospital
12:00 got to the hospital
12:30 Taylor was born

Taylor Anne Moses
Weight: 7lbs 11 ounces
Length: 19 3/4 inches




Lindsey being silly with the gloves

Makenna and Taylor together in the same bassinet-amazing how fast they grow! Makenna just turned 3months old!!




Taylor had to spend some time under the "lights" for increased bilirubin level, she seems to be doing better now

17 comments:

WeAreTheRopers said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I cant believe it! She looks just like little Lindsey did! Way to go all natural - hard core man! As Kelly on the Office would say, you are a woman warrior!

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

ADORABLE!!! She looks just like you!
What a great story! I love when it is fast! I never had an epidural and my recovery was super fast! Hope yours is too!

I love that picture of the 2 babies in the bassinet super cute!

queenieweenie said...

WOW...that was fast! I'm so glad for you that you made it to the hospital. She is gorgeous.

Sending loves and kisses from California.

Updike Update said...

CONGRATS!!! I'm glad that she is finally here and that she made it okay. What a champ doing it naturally. Hope all is going well. She is ADORABLE!!!!

Mollers said...

Congrats! She is beautiful! I'm so glad that you made it to the hospital in time! I'm impressed you had her without an epidural!!! She is such a doll!

Taryn said...

Aww she is so cute! I am so happy it went fast!

David said...

She is so cute! Hopefully we will get to see all of you soon!

Kathy said...

Congratulations. That is awesome. If you had to go natural, I guess it's a blessing that it was fast right. She is beautiful. So glad she made it here safely and not in a truck.

Mike and Ashley said...

Congrats!!! What a crazy experience, but I'm glad you made it! She's beautiful! Love the name!

Rachel said...

I'm so excited for you! Taylor is beautiful and you look really great. Can't wait to see her in person.

elisha said...

Holy cow.....little Lindsey junior! Congratulations you two! I am soooo happy for you guys. What an exciting story....hello! You are the woman...ALL NATURAL!!!! No thankyou....I'd rather run marathons :) hahaha. Call me when you get a second!

Tim and Family said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you and I can't believe your crazy labor story. I'll have to remember that for next time! I love the picture of Lindsey kissing Taylor! SO CUTE! Next week I'm calling to borrow Lindsey so Shyler and her can play!

Kate said...

congrats! so excited for you, she is beautiful.

J & L said...

congrats! wow, what a crazy story! glad you made it there in time! she is adorable, hope we can see you all soon!

Jill said...

congrats! She's beautiful!

Ashlee said...

When you say fast...you mean FAST! WOW!!! So excited she's hear

WendyC303 said...

Congratulations! What a cutie!