Sunday, April 8, 2012

Lindsey's Pony Birthday Party!!

As many of you know, Lindsey LOVES horses! I got the crazy idea back in September (when I took her to Karl's Farm Harvest Days) that I would possibly do a pony party for her birthday if she still was into horses by April. Well, she is still into horses and I didn't really have a better idea...so the pony party it was! And you can't have a pony party without ponies (unless your are super creative.....which I'm not). Lindsey was super excited about her birthday party and believe it or not, was a little more excited about having a pinata. But, she was still excited about having ponies at her house that she could ride!!

The day before the party, it snowed. I was a little frustrated because it had been in the 70's for the last month. In fact, it was 80 degrees the Sunday before the party and 2 days later it was 40 degrees and snowing. CRAZY Colorado weather!! I called the pony lady with Pony Rides USA and she was not worried...because, well, we live in Colorado. Then, I wasn't going to worry either. So what if I didn't have anything else planned for the kids.

Sure enough Wednesday morning, blue skies and warming up. Snow gone by 9am, no problem. The ponies came (the pony trailer got stuck in the mud at the corral, so they almost had to cancel. Good thing it got unstuck!!) and we had some pretty happy little kids!! The ponies were a little dirty because of the little mud they had at the corral, but the kids didn't seem to mind.

The kids rode the ponies for the first hour of the party. They got to ride the miniature horse first and then the owner took the saddle off and the kids got to brush and decorate him while they were waiting for their turn to ride the larger pony. When the kids arrived, they all got a cowboy hat and a bandana to wear at the party and then take home later.

Lindsey opened her presents from Grandma and Grandpa Kershaw before the party began so that she could have her cool new cowgirl hat and boots!!

On her first pony ride

Lindsey even invited a few boys

Lindsey with her buddies Alli and Shyler
(not sure what Lindsey is doing)

Makenna is terrified of large animals...it took her a little while to warm up to these ponies, but she eventually said she wanted to ride. We had to document this momentous occasion.

Meilani and Alli decorating the mini

Loving her party!

B having a great time riding the mini!

Last ride on the larger pony

After the ponies left, we had some lunch of pizza, veggies and capri suns. Then, it was present opening time. Lindsey was spoiled by all of her friends. She had so many fun things to open!

I was going to make a horse type of cake...once again my creativity was non-existent, so I opted for the easy Costco cake. They don't have a horse design, so I chose the rainbow and added my own horses. Lindsey didn't seem to mind. :)

And at last Pinata time!! The kids of course had fun swinging at the pinata and eventually breaking it open and digging into the candy.

I think it turned out to be a great party, the kids seemed like they had a great time! After Lindsey's friends left we took her out to the garage and showed her, her new bike!! I didn't realize it at the time, but it is the exact same bike as Alli!! Oopps!!

3 comments:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

B had a GREAT time! Will you send me that pic of her on the horse? I would love to add it to her 4 year old album! :)

Happy Birthday cute Lindsey!

Elisha and Scott said...

You've got some expectations to live up to now!!! :) Looks like a great birthday!

Jen Ranker said...

Whoa! What a super sweet Birthday! She is so lucky to have you for a Mom!
Loved the pics. She seems so grown up to me.