At the end of July, we went to the Royal Gorge with Russ' family. We stayed at a VRBO (vacation rental by owner) home in the mountains in Florence, CO. It was such a great time with the whole Moses family!!
We drove down on a Sunday (we couldn't leave Saturday, because I HAD to go to the Tim McGraw/Kenny Chesney concert-which was a blast!!) :) So, we checked into our home that afternoon and got settled. We ate dinner and enjoyed time together as a family. Then, on Monday all of the grown up kids left to go rafting! We originally were booked for a super boring trip and the owners told us that we would probably enjoy rafting the royal gorge bridge so much more. I'm so glad they talked to us, I think we would have been a little bored on the very family friendly route. My in-laws were awesome and took the little kids on the royal gorge train while we hung-out, played and rafted all day!
 |
| Ethan, Rayann, Trevor and Russ getting ready for our "first" trip-no helmet required, little bit of a problem!!! |
 |
| The four brothers-Kelon, Russ, Ethan and Trevor. They have a little too much fun together!! |
 |
| Once we realized we had signed up for the wrong rafting trip, we decided to go and check out the Royal Gorge. Here we are on the bridge looking down on the train that the little ones were on. |
 |
| A view of the bridge, so incredible!! |
 |
| Pre-pregnancy, I might have been a little stupid and was talked into doing this crazy swing thing! Russ and I did it together....they pull you up about 100ft into the air and then you have to pull the ripcord (which Russ made me pull, I wasn't too happy about that!!) Here we are waiting our turn. I look happy, but I was really FREAKING out!!! |
 |
| Here we are being pulled up....... |
 |
| And yes, I managed (somehow) to pull the ripcord. I literally hung onto Russ the whole time and screamed. It was so scary, I'm not a big fan of heights, especially at this level. |
 |
| We were slowing down, so I think I was able to let one arm go, but I wasn't happy about doing it. Russ made me. :) |
 |
| A picture of the adult kids on the bridge |
 |
| Russ and I |
 |
| Looking down, yep not a big fan of heights!! |
 |
| The next day, the boys went golfing and the rest of us went back to the Royal Gorge and explored with the kids this time. Lindsey LOVED the carousel!! |
 |
| Grandma and Grandpa with their girls!! |
 |
| Taylor in heaven at the petting zoo |
 |
| Cute Lindsey! |
 |
| Trevor's daughter Ashlyn with Taylor, looking at the goats |
 |
| Lindsey in heaven riding a mule (she was happy to ride something similar to a horse) |
 |
| Silly, crazy eyed Taylor!! |
 |
| Grandpa and Ashlyn |
 |
| The house we stayed at had some beautiful views. We really enjoyed eating out on the deck, until it got too windy. |
 |
| Ashyln and naked Taylor hugging, they are "frenimies" |
 |
| Russ "Mr. Cool" enjoying the mountain air |
 |
Cutie pie Taylor!!
We had a great trip! We did lots of fun stuff, but it was also nice to just hang-out together! After the kids went to bed at night, we played games, laughed and ate lots of junk food!! Thanks Shalia and Lance, we will have to plan another family outing!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment