Thursday, July 8, 2010

Lindsey's New Room

Lindsey's room is finally done and ready to be blogged about! This was a bigger project than I had initially estimated it would be. Russ started this project a few months ago (March sometime) and with me working several weekends it took forever to finish! Russ put up the wainscoting (this is what really took forever) and painted all of the walls. I have always wanted a room in my house with wainscoting and so now I have it and it will never be going away as long as we live here. If I did want to get rid of it, we would basically have to re-drywall ALL of the walls. It is stuck there for life.

Lindsey is now in a "big-girl" bed and loving it. She is very proud of her bed and always wants her cousins to come and jump. Not very safe, but they still jump. The bed she has is the top part of bunk beds. We decided to get bunk beds, knowing that our girls would be sharing a bedroom in a few years and the price for 2 bunk beds is MUCH cheaper than 2 separate beds. I love her new furniture!

The "projects" that I had been working on are the curtains in her room and the lettering for her name. Not very big projects, but enough to keep me busy for a few weeks. The curtains were simple-I realized I cut off the top of the curtains in every picture, but they are just on a silver rod. They look really cute and simple. I love how her name turned out on the cardboard letters. I am so glad I was able to find so many coordinating things for Lindsey's room-it came together really well. Now I want to change Taylor's room, we will see. She will probably be 2 before it ever gets done.


7 comments:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

This is soooooo cute! I love that dresser! The whole room looks fantastic! I can't wait to see it in person!

Jeanette said...

I LOVE IT!!! Adorable!

Katie said...

You did an awesome job of putting everything together! And you say you don't know how to decorate :)

elisha said...

I love it! Looks grrrrrreat! So fun!How did you do the lettering? Did you say it was styrofoam?

Ashlee said...

So cute.. Love it! Great job

Kathy said...

I love how Lindsey's room turned out. It is just adorable. I love pink and green together. So cute.

Kirsta 'n co. said...

I'm linking this post for my sister, she has a pink-and-green room for her daughter, too! The re-do looks fantastic, good job on the wainscoting! Hmmmm, could the princess quote possibly be LDS? :)